Doves Group was established in 1883 as a funeral directing organisation in Durban initially named Doves Funeral Services.
Doves Group emerged in 1959 when Homes Trust Funeral Services, through a series of acquisitions, acquired industry respected funeral directing companies such as Goodall & Williams, Doves, Doves & Adlam Reid and Jones & Rice.
During the 70’s, Saffas (South African Federation of Funeral Assurance Societies) also became part of Homes Trust Funeral Services.
In 1989, the senior management team purchased the company from Metropolitan Life and changed its name to HT Group. HT Group established its own insurance company, HTG Life in 1993 (now known as Union Life).
The name was subsequently changed to Doves Group in 2004. NIC acquired 100% shareholding in Doves Group through Brevity Trade 12 (now called 360 FSG).
Doves Group is one of the largest funeral directing companies in Southern Africa and a major role player in the progressive development of the funeral industry.
Doves Group was the founding member of the National Funeral Directors Association (NFDA) and is currently the member of South African Funeral Practitioner’s Association (SAFPA) and the Funeral Federation of South Africa (FFSA). Doves Group has influenced the present day structure of the funeral industry.
Doves Group runs a national network in excess of 160 branches in all the 9 provinces, providing insurance, funeral services and related products. Doves Group in an authorized financial services provider with its funeral insurance underwritten by Union Life.
- The Leading funeral brand in South Africa.
- Delivers a service that will be a celebration of life.
- Creates an environment where our people can grow.
- Provides innovative funeral related services and products to all South African communities.
- Exploits the full extent of the funeral value chain for the benefit of all our stakeholders.
- To develop our people.
- To become the leading funeral brand across all markets.
- To increase the diversity of our income streams.
- To establish a commercial business partnership network.
- To implement efficient and cost-effective business processes.
- To be the first choice for funeral and financial services
- Delivering a service as a celebration of life to all our stakeholders, clients and employees.
- Honesty & Trust
- Passion to Serve